Our mission is to create a family-friendly campus that stands out nationwide; one that makes Mines a destination university for faculty and staff, postdoctoral researchers, graduate students, and non-traditional undergraduate students who have families. Here you will find listings for family-friendly events, camps, programs, policies, resources and more.
Mines Football Season Opener vs. CSU/Pueblo
7 p.m. Thursday, September 1st
October 6th - 8th
Parent and Family Weekend
November 4th - 6th
- Mineslist Facebook Group (Mines does not manage nor is responsible for the content posted on this page.)
- Golden Colorado Online Yard Sale (Mines does not manage nor is responsible for the content posted on this page.)
- K-12 Student Outreach Program: Various science, mathematics, and technology-content-based courses for students in K-12.
- Summer Multicultural Engineering Training Program: Science and engineering program combining course work, hands-on projects, industry tours, sporting activities and social events for rising high school juniors and seniors.
- Girls Lead the Way: A conference focused on women and the science, technology, engineering and mathematics disciplines for Colorado high school girls.
Mines Park Playground is OPEN!
- Hill Hall - Room 236
- Starzer Welcome Center - Room 324
- Student Center - Room 316
All rooms are now open with Blastercard Access! To reserve a room, please click here.
Support for Families
- Dependent Tuition Benefit
- Nursing Mothers Accommodations
- School Closures & Severe Weather
- Faculty Handbook, Section 5.4 Leave Benefits (Includes: Paid/unpaid, vacation, sick, FMLA, Holiday, administrative, funeral, military, jury, medical disability and parental leave)
- Faculty Handbook, Section 5.5 Insurance (Includes: Health/disability, medical, dental, vision, life, travel/accident)
- Colorado State Employee Assistance Program
- Colorado: 303-866-4314
- Toll-free: 800-821-8154
- Compensatory Time in the Workweek